Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The importance of caring


Im re-reading The Great Gatsby and I can say I have a much better appreciation for it now these six years later. I dont think I really cared too much for it in high school or really had the patience for it. Now I enjoy the depth that Fitzgerald went into when describing everything. With age comes patience and understanding.

On another note, Friendsgiving was a complete success and probably one of the best nights in my year. One really cant ask for more than good food, good people, good booze, and good conversation. Met a few new people, very nice. I find myself not having as much trouble introducing myself to new people in social situations. I used to be that person who only spoke to the people I knew or no one if I didnt know anyone. Atleast that is one good thing that has come from growing up. I did end up spending the night in Richmond that evening. Between the enire bottle of wine I consumed and the turkey I was spent by 10:30. Ah the joys of being a 6o year old woman stuck in a 23 year olds body. The joy of sleep. Dont get me wrong though, I suffer from my fair share of insomnia. I find it quite annoying and would like to knick that one in the butt as soon as possible. Sleeping pills are no good. They make me feel disoriented the next day.

Though I was surrounded by a lot of nice people on Sunday only a handful of them I could honestly say are close friends. I do enjoy the company of all of them, but I am in need of more people to hang out with here in Fredericksburg. Joanna cant really go out with the baby and I really cant expect Mike to hang out with me every night. Even if thats how I feel it should be. I need someone who wants to just come over and sit around and talk with me, have a few drinks, and maybe even watch a movie or two. What Im saying is I need a best friend who can always be there. Someone who doesnt have the responsibility of anther person, someone who needs a guys night or is unwilling to open up to me, someone who doesnt go to school an hour away. I need a partner in crime. In Utah I had plenty of those. I had Christina, Katie, and Brenna. They were always around just to be there. I hate being alone. I find it annoying and sad. Being alone with my own thoughts depresses me and makes me feel like there isnt really one person who needs me. I think maybe thats what Im looking for. Someone who truely needs me and doesnt mind spending every day with me. Hmmm I guess Ill just keep looking. But if you are someone who is interested in spending lots of quality time with me, going on walks, talking all night, and not betraying me let me know. Id prefer a female, I find them much easier to talk to. When I say that Im looking for someone I dont mean sexually in anyway. I just need someone to sit and talk with me. Perhaps I should just hire a shrink. Haha. Ok well enough of this glum.

No comments: